Tuesday, May 5, 2009

NZ Music # 3 - Scribe - Dreaming

This is a great video from Scribe that talks about not giving up on your dreams. Setting goals for yourself and working hard to make them succeed. Also that it is important to have people around you who believe in you and will help you reach your goals!




Here is the first verse and chorus...

Check it out,1,2,hey yo,hey yo

I came a long way since back in the day
From a teenager trying to make a rap in this way
Ever since I was a kid I had something to say
Rocking mics was a dream I didn't care about pay
I sacrificed late nights and going out with my friends
Just to stay home alone with my pad and my pen
Had my eyes on my prize,my mind on my goal
As I carved these rhymes out with my heart and my soul
I didn't have a CD; all I had was a tape
on the dole thru my flow was my only escape
From a world where they didn't wanna see me prevail
Didn't wanna see me take it all
They'd rather see me fail

It's like...

[Chorus]
I was down and out
struggling
wondered how I'm gonna make it thru
I got a dream (I got a dream)
Holding on (I'm gonna hold on)
I can't let go cos you gotta make it come true

3 comments:

c.w said...

I think this song was very emotional

Melville Intermediate said...

Miss Signal this video is very nice but I have a challenge for you and possibly your students to find the oldest video that you can of New Zealand music and post that online for the students to see so they get a bit of 'old, old school'. Then they could maybe do a comparison with today and look at the differences.
Room 8, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton.

A.A said...

This is an emotional song. This song is really cool too. This song is an example for some people's ambitions, like for instants if they want to be a singer or maybe they would like to make an album.Anyway THIS SONG IS REALLY REALLY REALLY AWSOME...